Step Two: The Natural Solution 3 Month Hot Tub Water Treatment.
1. After you have filled the tub with the Carbon Prefilter and heated it up to normal operating temperature, add 1 bottle of The Natural Solution 3 Month Hot Tub Water Treatment for tubs up to 2000 liters.
2. Check and adjust your pH if needed. Check your pH and alkalinity occasionally to make sure they are still in ideal ranges. Tip: always turn your jets on high for at least 30 seconds before testing hot tub water. You want the pH to be from 7.8 to 8.2 if it is out of these ranges you will need to adjust it. Do Not exceed 3 application of pH up or down in a day, sometimes it takes awhile to react. Once you have the pH in the 7.8 to 8.2 range, The Natural Solution will automatically stabilize it and you shouldn't have to balance it again until you drain your tub.
3. Clean your filters once a month in the All Natural Filter Cleaner.
4. ENJOY the easiest, lowest maintenance, all natural enzyme hot tub treatment.
SAMPLE WEEKLY MAINTENANCE:
1. Hose your filter off really well. Use a hose nozzle like the Filter Flosser with a strong jet. This is the best thing you can do for the maintenance of the hot tub. Do this at least once a week. It is real easy and only takes a couple of minutes.
2. Shock as needed. (use 2 teaspoons of chlorine spa shock for up to 2000 liters of water). After putting in the 2 teaspoons of chlorine spa shock open your hot tub cover and turn your jets on high, this will help it gas out of the water really fast so your not sitting in any chemicals when you get in your hot tub.
3. What I do is pick a day of the week when you want to do your maintenance (developing a routine is really important). If you do the maintenance in the MORNING, first hose off the filters with the Filter Flosser, and add 2 teaspoons chlorine spa shock, leave the hot tub cover open and turn your jets on high, the chlorine will gas out in a couple of hours and is ready for use that evening. If you do the maintenance at night when you get out of the tub just hose the filter off and shock with 2 teaspoons of shock, then close the lid and the chlorine will be gassed out the following evening.
7. Clean your Filters once a month with the All Natural Filter Cleaner.
Hints & Tips
Helpful Tips for using the 3 month Hot Tub Water Treatment.
1. Fragrances... are usually used to mask chemical odors, and a lot of these have chemicals in them as well. The over use of fragrances may cause foaming and/or cloudy water. If this happens shock with 2 teaspoons of shock.
2. If you ever experience a stale or an organic odor coming from your spa water, this simply means the Natural Solution has found contaminants and is working harder. Sometimes this odor might be coming from the Cover or Headrests, wipe these down with a diluted bleach solution and an old rag. If this doesn't solve the problem shock the water with 2 teaspoons of shock. If the problem persists it might need a strong shock, use another tablespoon or so of the shock and that should take care of it.
3. The Natural Solution is compatible with ozonators, chlorine and bromine. We highly recommend using only chlorine spa shock. Don't use bromine!!! *Health Canada recommends 3 ppm chlorine or bromine.
4. Cloudy water may be caused by a large number of bathers, lotions, oils, deodorants, sunscreens or other products used on the skin or soap residues in bathing suits. If you get cloudy water hose your filters off really well with the Filter Flosser, if this doesn't take care of it shock with 2 teaspoons of the shock. Be patient. The spa water will clear up and does not have to be drained if the water is cloudy; the Natural Solution just needs some time to do its job.
5. If your spa water has a high metal content and/or if your water source is from a well we highly recommend the use of a Carbon Pre-Filter. The prefilter will filter out most metals from the water. If you still have high metal you can use a metal b gone product from you local hot tub store.
6. Rinse your filters at least once week with the Filter Flosser. The filter is the most important part of your hot tub. Clean your filters at least once a month with the All Natural Filter Cleaner. I highly recommend getting an extra set of filters so you can use the rotation method of cleaning your filters. This way you will always have a clean filter when you need to clean the one in the hot tub. Just pull the dirty filter out of the hot tub, hose off thoroughly with the Filter Flosser, and soak it in the All Natural Filter Cleaner. Put your clean filter in the hot tub. When the dirty filter is done soaking, pull it out and hose it off, then put it on the shelf to dry, it will be ready for the next time you need to change them out. This method makes cleaning your filters much easier.
7. Foam is almost always a result of soap left in bathing suits. I recommend that you designate a set of swimsuits just for the hot tub. When you get out of the tub, just hang them to dry. The Natural Solution will not ruin swimsuits. To get rid of the foam you can use the foam down from the hot tub store, but usually all you need to do is skim it off and rinse your filters a couple times. Don't use soap on your skin when bathing before entering your spa. This will introduce phosphates to your water and will cause foaming as well.